How to apply?The Department of Electrical Engineering at IIT Hyderabad invites applications for faculty positions (regular/visiting/adjunct) at the Assistant Professor level in all areas of EE with particular emphasis on
- Controls, Circuits and Systems
- Power Electronics and Power Systems
- Digital and Analog IC Design
- Communications and Signal Processing
- Nanophotonics, RF and Microwave Photonics
- Quantum Information Science, Quantum Optics
- Candidates with outstanding academic and research record outside the above areas will also be considered
The faculty applications may be sent by email to fac_applications[AT]iith.ac.in. Please note that the faculty applications are accepted throughout the year. You may also visit IITH faculty recruitment webpage to view the faculty recruitment advertisement from IIT Hyderabad.
What happens after you apply?
The department will short-list some candidates after an internal review process. The shortlisted candidates will be invited for an IIT Campus visit after getting Director's approval. During the visit the candidates will deliver a research talk (~45 mins talk and ~ 15 mins Q&A), and interact with faculty members in different areas of electrical engineering. During the seminar the candidates are expected to highlight their recent research contributions and proposed plan for research. If the candidate is found suitable during the campus visit then the department recommends him/her for a final interview before an expert panel. The final interviews are typically held twice a year (Oct-Nov and Mar-Apr).
Travel for Invited Campus Visit/Interview
- International flight tickets cannot be reimbursed. The department will try to provide sufficient notice for campus visit so as to enable the candidate to plan their trip home if they are abroad.
- You will be reimbursed lowest economy class round trip airfare from your place of residence in India and back. Plan on travelling by Air India which will make reimbursement process easy. If no Air India fight is available from your location then other carriers might be allowed with prior approval.
- If your faculty application has a different address than your place of residence within India then kindly update it immediately by sending an email to Dean Faculty Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). This will allow hassel-free reimbursement of travel claims.
- Accommodation can be arranged at IITH campus depending on your travel plans.
- A cab will also be arranged to provide pickup and drop services between the airport and IITH.
Information for a new faculty member regarding joining process, research, teaching and campus life in general is available here. Please note that some information - especially the parts talking about pay structure and ODF campus, are slightly dated.