How to apply?The Department of Electrical Engineering at IIT Hyderabad invites applications for faculty positions at the Assistant Professor level in all areas of EE with particular emphasis on
- Control Engineering Systems Theory
- Power electronics
- Electromagnetics and antennas
- Communication systems hardware
- Graph Signal Processing
- Queuing Theory, Quantum Information Theory
- Machine Learning and Big Data
- Analog, mixed signal circuit and system design
- Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuits
- Digital VLSI Chip design
- Radio Frequency & Analog VLSI Chip design
- Microsystems and nanodevices, Integrated Quantum photonics
- Cognitive computing and machine learning VLSI systems
- Memory Design, Hardware Security, Quantum Computing
- Candidates with outstanding academic and research record outside the above areas will also be considered
Faculty applications are accepted online throughout the year at the IITH faculty recruitment webpage.
The present faculty search committee of EE department has the following members:
- Prof. Soumya Jana (Convenor)
- Dr. Gajendranath
- Dr. Aditya Siripuram
- Dr. Naresh Emani
- Prof. Siva Kumar
What happens after you apply?
The department screens the received applications at regular intervals. Some candidates will be short-listed after an internal review process. The shortlisted candidates will be invited for an IIT Campus visit after getting Director's approval. During the visit the candidates will deliver a research talk (~45 mins talk and ~ 15 mins Q&A), and interact with faculty members in different areas of electrical engineering. During the seminar the candidates are expected to highlight their recent research contributions and proposed plan for research and teaching. The candidates will also face an interview panel consisting of external experts. The interviews are typically held twice a year (Oct-Nov and Mar-Apr). Due to on-going pandemic the procedures are slightly modified. This will be informed to shortlisted candidates directly.
How long does it take to know the result from the time I submit the application?
Unfortunately, at present we are unable to provide a fixed timeline since it depends on many factors.
Information for a new faculty member regarding joining process, research, teaching and campus life in general is available here. Please note that this is an informal document and intended solely for providing general information.